HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND ADD SUBTITLES TO ANY MOVIE





There was a time I downloaded an Indian movie with the hope that it has subtitle already embedded in it. But unfortunately, the movie has no subtitle. I was furious (because I used my hard earned money to buy the mobile data which I used in downloading the movie), and so I deleted the movie; unknowingly to me that I could add the subtitle to the movie by myself.


That was what prompted me to make this video tutorial to show you how to simply download and add subtitles to your favorite movies and avoid going through the same ordeal I went through.

Firstly, here are three reliable websites below where you can get your subtitles from:

1- www.subscene.com (Best for TV series subtitles)

2- www.moviesubtitles.org

3- www.opensubtitles.org

CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE VIDEO TUTORIAL



Or follow this steps

Step 1 - Type the name of the movie you are looking for it's subtitles in the search box in any of the above websites. When you find it, click on it and download your preferred language.
Note: The file will download mostly in .zip format. You will need to extract the .srt file into a folder.

Step 2 - This stage depends on the player you are using on your phone. There are two ways you can simply employ to make the subtitles to appear in the movie.

Option A: Locate the folder in which you save your movie (.mp4, Avi, Dvdx e.t.c) using the file manager on your phone or any other app that does the same work, e.g FX file chooser. Then go and copy the .srt file you extracted into the same folder you have your movie. Your player should automatically add the subtitles.


Option B (Recommended):
This is the one I illustrated in the video up there, because most times that option A fails to work.

Firstly, you will need to have installed VLC player on your phone, if you don't have, search Google and download it.
Extract the .Zip you downloaded from the websites above into a folder (I do create a new folder and named it 'subtitles').
Open your VLC player and wait for it to load all the movies on your phone. Then proceed to play and pause the movie you want to add the subtitle.

Click on the option tab and locate "add subtitles". Click on it and it will take you to your folders, locate the .srt file you extracted and click on it, it will start showing the subtitles when you start playing the movie. This option is more reliable and works perfectly well.
If you experience any difficulty, don't hesitate to  ask me for help or watch the video tutorial.

Previous
Next Post »